All German companies, irrespective of their type, have to file and publish their annual accounts once a year. The electronic form and the printed version of the annual financial statement of a German company must be submitted to the Federal Gazette (Bundesanzeiger). Announcements, legal notices and the annual filing requirements for German companies are advertised in this gazette. Medium-sized companies enjoy certain facilities regarding the content of the financial statement. Our law firm in Germany can provide you with detailed information about the annual accounts of your company.
According to the provisions of the Commercial Law in Germany, the following companies are obliged to prepare and publish their annual account:
• All companies limited by shares – public and private limited liability companies and partnerships limited by shares;
• Cooperative societies;
• Branches of foreign companies limited by shares;
• Credit institutions, insurance companies, pension funds and institutions which provide financial services;
• Partnerships without a natural person as a personally liable partner.
The annual filing requirements apply to all companies registered in Germany irrespective of:
• The object of the business;
• Whether it has yet started or ceased business operations;
• The business aims at making profits (non-profit organizations are also required to prepare the annual account).
If you need professional assistance in filing the annual accounts for your company, you can rely on our lawyers in Germany.
At the end of the financial year, German companies must file the following documents:
• The company`s management report;
• A statement of financial position;
• The income statement;
• The annual accounts with an auditor`s report;
• Additional documents specific to the legal form of the company (a supervisory board`s report, a declaration of compliance with the Corporate Governance Codex).
Small German companies benefit from the facilities of the Commercial Code and only have to file and publish a balance sheet and notes.
Don`t hesitate to contact our attorneys in Germany if you need legal expertise in complying with the annual financial requirements.
There are no comments